3.27.2012

My Paper Heart: The Third Page

Beneath the sarcasm, quirky looks, and "whatever" attitude is an insecure girl that takes almost everything you say to heart. Whether it be positive or negative, I remember everything that is ever said to me. More importantly, I remember how it made me feel.


Sensitive issue number three is my license. No, I did not get my license in high school. I had my permit, and hated driving so much, I never got my license. In December, I got my permit for the second time, and I have been relunctantly behind the wheel ever since. Sometimes I volunteer, whether I truly want to drive or just to get it over with. But most of the time, I'm forced to. And when I'm forced to do something I completely and totally hate, I get cranky like *snaps fingers* that! I get this "whatever" attitude, and that's a bad thing when you're driving a car. I get stressed, nervous, upset, and angry all at once... and it's very exhausting. I hate everything about driving, except the knowledge that I will have more freedom to be me and have fun, etc. And with Aislinn moving out in June, I'm screwed. I'm way passed the point of "let's just get this over with", but certain people don't think that's good enough. I'm not ready until I get my attitude in check. Wanna know what I'm so sick of hearing? "We all have to do things we don't want to." Uh, duh. I get that. I'm not nine. And, I'm not about to start behaving like it, either. I sincerely regret not getting my license five years ago. But, what's done is done. Just please, let me do what I need to do. My attitude can change, but not because you tell me to change it, but because I recognize that it has to. That's the way it works.

No comments: